These pictures may be from a fun walk in the park, but Arya’s 14 month baby update proves that toddler life is anything but! Trust me when I say this — I have not sat still while she’s been awake for almost a month. I am basically a constant frazzled mess, teetering between trying to give my independent baby some space, while also keeping her safe. And guess how much patience she has for my “help”? If you answered zero, you win lol I know — I’m SUCH a mean mommy not letting her run wild into the streets of NYC! How dare I want to pick her up and hold her hand and baby her a little while longer? lol
You know what this is? Pay back. If you were to ask my mom, she’d tell you that I have been headstrong since busting my way out of the womb. And I used to roll my eyes when she told me stories of my childhood — but now I totally get it! The universe has bestowed upon me a child after my own heart. I can already tell that she’s got a healthy amount of curiosity, bolstered by the confidence that she knows what’s she’s doing. Sure, it can be a little tiring keeping up with her energy and sass but a huge part of me just kinda loves it. At 14 months, Arya knows what she wants (all the french fries, none of the spinach) and she isn’t afraid to let you know about it by saying “Noooooooooo” and shaking her finger back and forth! She’s walking the walk and talking the talk:
- Favorite words: Noooo, Apple, Shoe, Hiiiiiii, Bubble, Book, Ya!, Mom-mom-mom-mom-mom
- Favorite foods: Everything — so long as it’s not a vegetable. And she loves stealing MY smoothies
- Favorite shows: Sesame Street *Fun fact — Rob didn’t really watch Sesame Street as a kid, so it’s now his favorite show too lol We watch every morning and sing the “Letter of the Day” song together
- Teeth: We finally have two more teeth up top, so a total of 4 so far! She’s handling the teething pain quite well — only a couple of times that were unbearable and required a little Tylenol
- Toys: Drawing with her egg shaped crayons, her pop-up crawling tunnel, the tee-pee, her bear chair, remote controls, and pots/pans
- New: She has officially learned how to climb. The couch, the ottoman, dining room chairs, her mini table and chairs! Mommy panic attacks x 1 million.